Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Night and the Weekend's Here!

Since the title of my last post was "Monday, Monday" this seemed appropriate as the next title!

I am soooo glad the weekend is here. For the first time in almost 6 months, I am off work on a Saturday!! I had decided several weeks ago to take the day off so I could at least go to ONE of my nephew's basketball games. He is playing in one of the local Upwards basketball leagues but only has about 2 or 3 games left in this season. I am looking forward to sleeping a little later tomorrow since I usually have to be up and out of the house, somewhat professionally dressed, in order to be at the tutoring center by 9am. But the game doesn't start until 11am so I get to sleep a little!!

And tomorrow I go pick up my new bed!! I am so excited about that. Tonight I tackled the job of taking apart the old bed, then rearranging the furniture in my bedroom in preparation for tomorrow. Now I have my old bed and mattress set in the 3rd bedroom, the new mattress set in my computer room, and my bedroom sits mostly empty for just a few more hours, yippeee!!

Gee, could I be more sillier, being this excited about a new bed?

On a more somber note, I am in shock and disbelief that our nation has suffered yet another senseless school shooting this week. I wanted to offer my prayers along with everyone else's. Lord, I ask for your prayers of peace among the many who knew and loved the victims of this senseless tragedy. Give them the strength and the wisdom to get through the sad days ahead and to find a way to go on. I pray that the students of Northern Illinois University are able to continue their studies despite all that has happened. I ask all of this in the name of your son, Jesus. Amen.

In honor of the victims:

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Glad you got to have a day off and got a little extra rest. I'm sure your nephew was so excited to have his Aunt Karen at his game:)

Great prayer! It is so sad that this world will never be at peace. Thankfully there is a God in heaven who is battling for us and will one day capture us into His arms where we will find perfect peace!