Friday, April 25, 2008

Long overdue post

Hi! Wow, I didn't realize I hadn't posted on here in so long. There really is nothing new to report. I've just been busy working both of my jobs and following Idol and DWTS. Pretty boring.

I am in the midst of making yet another career change. Losing my teaching position after last year was such a blow to my ego that I have yet to recover. I had many teaching interviews last summer and none of them came to fruition. In the meantime, I began substitute teaching in the public school system and tutoring on a part time basis. In December I took a position at a college where I used to work. Suffice it to say that I am really not happy with the work I am doing at this position but I kind of knew that would happen as I would not be using my degree and doing what I felt called to do. The change I am making puts me back into the education world on a full time basis although it is not teaching. I am not going to say anything more about it at this point until it happens... I feel as though I can jinx things which I know is strange but considering what this last year has been like I am just a little wary.

I received a phone call the other day from a teacher I worked with last year. She has now retired and was telling me that things are really going down hill at the school where I was. There are at least 7 of the teachers on medication for stress and anxiety, and these are women who would not normally have to take such meds. One teacher actually went out on medical leave a few months ago due to extreme anxiety and has since returned to work at a different school at her doctor's recommendation. The main reason this teacher called me is to ask if I would be willing to share what happened to me in order to support yet another teacher who is under attack. I did not hesitate to say yes because while I was a first year teacher this particular woman has 20 years of experience and does not deserve to be treated in such a manner. I know I am being vague but this is a public blog so I do not feel comfortable posting any more specific details.

Ok... such a negative post!! Nothing new in the adoption world except the fact that I still very much hope and pray to be able to adopt one day very soon. I just feel like I am supposed to be a parent even if I do not find my soulmate and get married. The thing is even if I did get married I am most likely not able to have a biological child of my own so would end up adopting anyway.

Time to get back to work....

6 comments:

Mary said...

Good to hear from you! I was wondering if you ran off to some tropical island :)

I hope that this new job path works out for you. It makes things a little easier when you have a job that you like.

As far as adoption, I know you will find a way to make it happen. It is so hard to wait though! Hang in there.

Mary

PS-I love DWTS!

LA Nickers said...

As an adoptive parent . . . . I hope I can encourage you . . .

PRAY ON!

Blessings,
Linda

VOTE TODAY! GROCERY BAG POLL, on Practically at Home

LAA and Family said...

I have so much respect for those who teach in public schools! The kids to deal with, administration to deal with, parents to deal with... I'd have to be on stress medication if I worked in that profession as well!

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

Anonymous said...

Бенджамин франклин чем у хозяйки больше самообладания тем она гостеприимнее
!!!