Monday, April 28, 2008

News...

In my last post I mentioned a career change coming up soon. Well, I was officially offered, and accepted, the promotion today!! It has been in the works for a couple of months now and I've already been slowly learning the position as I have been working part-time there, as a teacher/tutor.

I am waiting until this Friday to give notice at my current full time job so as of May 19th, my new job title will be Assistant Director of Education. To protect myself, I'm not saying where but if you know me than you know where I work part-time!! If something goes awry with giving notice, as can happen because of the Virginia employment laws, I will be able to start there immediately.

I am really excited to begin this new chapter. I will actually be flying to New Jersey in a few weeks for some training so I'm looking forward to getting out of town as well. The main office for our center is only about 30 minutes from NYC so I'm hoping to get back into that city. I haven't been there since 1984 and we all know how much has changed in the 24 years since I've been there!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you! Wait, did I just say that in the last post?? I'm glad you got the promotion...I hope this helps with the $$ for the up-coming adoption!

Mandy said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad you got the job! Does this mean no more Saturdays?? Wouldn't that be great! I'm very excited for you and glad that you're okay...I was wondering where you've been:)