Saturday, November 22, 2008

So what happened?

Heck, I don't know how many readers I really have or even if anyone is wondering what happned... but here goes.

Yes, the new franchisee has taken over and closed 2 of the 3 centers on "this side" of the water (if you are local, you know what I mean). Of the 3 centers, the one I am currently in was the most centrally located. Quite a few of the kids from the closed centers have made the switch with us as well as most of the teachers. We how have 1 huge center with lots of kids receiving instruction. Still dealing with some parents who wanted their money back rather than make the extra drive and fit it all in with family schedules, etc. I am the Center Director and I have 2 Assistant Directors because we are so big.

So that is it in a nutshell... I am employed, was out of work for about 2 weeks. Those 2 weeks did a number on me financially though and we have all taken a significant pay cut which isn't good. We are awaiting word on our benefits and I have a scary feeling it won't be good working in such a small business. It's still very scary... it could happen again. I am still praying for the Lord's direction...

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm still reading, Karen! I'm glad to hear that you are employed-until at least the cats go get a job, hey?

Mandy said...

I check in with your blog whenever I see an update (gotta love that live feed blog roll:) I'm praying for you and your situation! I'm sorry its been such a trying time for you lately:( I guess you're back to working Fridays? We'll have to figure out another day we can get together.