Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just when you think things might be looking up...

Why oh why do I even think things are going to go well finally?? My father is battling lung cancer, had surgery this summer and they removed one of his lungs. He stopped his chemo recently because it was just too much for him. He has had health problems for a long time now. Then about a week after I got back from NJ, my Mom informed everyone that she had lost her job after 18 1/2 years with the same company. Then she got the results of a recent CAT scan and they thought she had a tumor in her lung. She had another CAT scan done and it turns out it was an inflammation so they want her to have another one done in February just to check on the progress. And they have asked her to stop smoking but we shall see about that.

This past week the owner of my learning center has been acting very strange, saying he was sick and unavailable and then showing up asking for all kinds of last minute reports on Wednesday. On Thursday he calls to say that we are changing payroll companies and he wants us to fax him payroll through that day so he can send it to the company he is letting go and have them process one final paycheck run before the new company takes over.

I got up this morning and went into work to get the biggest bombshell of all. He dissolved the company yesterday and we are all out of a job. We will be paid through Thursday and that is it. And I just went to training in September!!!! The corporate offices are going to be coming into town this week to take a look at everything and see what can be done. The possibilities at this point are that they will take over or another franchisee will buy our centers. But it is all up in the air at this point in time. So come Monday morning I am back to being a substitute teacher........

I just want this nightmare to end, I can't take it!!!!!!! This is the second time in 2 years I have been faced with the possibility of no income. I am too old for this.

Pray please........

3 comments:

Sherry Mc said...

Karen, I've been lurking on your site for quite awhile but haven't posted. After reading todays post I just had to let you know you are in my prayers. So much hardship to carry. My mom always used to tell us "this too shall pass" and I hated to hear that, she made everything sound so commonplace but she was right. Hoping your moom's ct's cont. clear and that your dad is as comfortable as can be. Sherry

Mandy said...

Karen, I'm so sorry things have been so rough lately! You have so much to sort through and process all at once! I'm praying for you. My only thought on the job front is that sometimes God has to pull the rug completely out from under us to get us where He wants us...totally dependent on Him. Another saying I heard recently in a Karen Kingsbury novel was "God can't give you something new until your hands are empty." I think that is so true. He has something better for you! I pray God's peace over you as you seek to discover what it is.

Jenny said...

I check in on your site through Mary... I too had to comment. I have prayed for you.

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you might have peace. In this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7