Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trip to NJ & NYC

My last post mentioned that I was traveling. I've been back home since Sept. 27th, very very very late that night. I was sooo exhausted!! 2 weeks in a hotel is just 2 weeks too much... unless of course you are relaxing in the Carribean somewhere! This was a business trip so all expenses were paid for, aside from my side trip to Manhattan. I got pretty tired of eating out, to say the least! I was so happy when my sister invited me over for dinner the first full day I was home. She made rotisserie chicken (she owns a rotisserie), macaroni & cheese casserole, and steamed broccoli. It was the best meal I'd had in weeks!!

Anyway, here are some photos from the trip.



Ciao Bella Gelato Cafe was the cutest little cafe right around the corner from my hotel. I stayed in Tenafly, NJ, a very picturesque little village in NJ. I ate at this place a number of times - delicious paninis and crepes!! And their gelato milkshake was very good as well.


This was my first view of the NYC skyline. This picture was taken from the window of the # 166 bus!! The bus picked us up right in front of the hotel and dropped us off at the Port Authority Terminal on 42nd St.


NYPD welcomes you to Times Square!!

We had dinner here. It was very crowded and very loud!!



This ad was actually on the outside of Toys be Us in Times Square. And I do heart Ugly Betty!! This Toys be Us was quite amazing... there was a 4 story ferris wheel inside the store and the cars each represent a child's favorite toy.


Radio City Music Hall!! I didn't go inside. My AD's aunt was actually a Rockette for 14 years!!


It really is the world's largest store, at least in my opinion!! 9 floors and a cellar. They had their Christmas floor in the works... on the 9th floor. The 7th floor is the children's clothing and there is a full service McDonald's on that floor!! We ate at a very neat place in the cellar, and I had the best NY cheesecake for dessert.


Me inside Macy's... the home furnishings floor.


Rockefeller Center. And I got really dizzy leaning way back and looking up to take this shot!!



Pretty self explanatory... this is where the famous tree is placed every year!!



NBC News studio... where they film the Today Show every morning. See the marquee? We saw those all over Times Square!

The weekend in NYC was great, but very very tiring!! I don't think I have ever walked so much in my entire life. I have great respect for the people who live there and have to walk everywhere just because of the sheer volume of traffic and the cost to keep a car in the city.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It looks like it was a fun trip! Too bad you had to work! I have never been to NYC and I can't wait to finally get up there!