Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today

So today is my birthday. And I'm not looking for birthday greetings from anyone... :).

I am just reflecting on the fact that I am officially another year older, another year past the 40 mark, and have no idea at this point if I will ever be a Mom. I am happy for my cousin who had her second little girl in August, I am happy for another cousin (sister of the first one) who is expecting her 3rd boy in January, but I wish something like that was happening for me.

Oh, and I am excited for Shannon, who just received her referral very unexpectedly in the middle of the month, congratulations again!!

I hope that the news is much better by this time next year!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Well you are going to get it anyways...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!!!!!!! I don't think I knew our birthdays were so close as well! Mine is a short 2 weeks from today.

I know, it it so exciting to see people expand their families but I often feel like you - hey, God what about me? When is it my turn?

Loved the pics of NYC. I've never been there so it is so nice to see pics from peeps who have.

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday!! We just got back in town and I'm so glad I checked your blog...I can't believe it is this late into October already! I hope you had an enjoyable day:)